The Library plays a vital role in the enhancement of Subject Knowledge of students, Research Orientation, Life Skills, and Social & Political Events.
KIOT Library has an excellent infrastructure. There are various sections consist of Stack Room, Reference Section, Reading Room, Circulation Section, Digital Library. KIOT Library has vast collections of Books, Journals, Electronic Journals, Online Database, Magazines, CDs & DVDs for the branches of Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, Computer Science, Civil, Industrial Safety, VLSI, Embedded Systems and Science & Humanities.
It also has a lot of collections of Spiritual, Health, Personality Development, Tamil and Placement & Training Books.
Mission & Vision
Our Mission is to provide World Class Knowledge in all the aspects not only in the subjects but also in other domains. KIOT Library has the vision to create lot of research scholars and imbibe enrichment of knowledge updation to the International Standards.
|Mr. M. Gunasekaran B.Sc., B.Ed., M.L.I.S., M.Phil.,|
|Mr. C.Ramesh B.A., M.L.I.S|
|Mrs. N. Indumathi B.Lit., M..L.I.S.,|
|Mrs. B. Amutha B.A.,|
Library Working Hours
- All Working Days : 9 A.M to 7 P.M
- Holidays : 9 A.M to 4 P.M
- Users should maintain silence
- Mobile Phones are not permitted in the library premises
- ID card is mandatory for library access and usage.
- Users should sign in the Electronic Gate Entry Register.
- Users should return the library resources in time without mutilating, disfiguring of pages of resources by ink (or) pencil marks.
- Furniture should not be disturbed from the actual position.
- Digital Library can be used only for academic purpose such as downloading E-Journals, Articles and browsing of important resources.
- Reference Books are not allowed out the library.
- Users should follow library rules and regulations and co-operate with library staff.
- Users are not allowed to bring non library materials inside the library hall and they can keep the belongings in the Property Counter.
Facilities at Library
- Covered area 700 Sq. mt.
- 10910 Titles and 32455 Volumes of books
- 78 National & International printed Journals
- 969 Electronic Journals (Springer, IEEE, DELNET))
- 2287 Electronic Books (Springer, DELNET)
- 32 Magazines (General & Subjects)
- 232 Rare Books, 41 Special Reports
- 1804 CDs & DVDs
- 1676 Project Reports
- 8 Newspapers in English & Tamil
- Back Volumes – Backup since 2009
- University Question Papers – Backup Since 2009
- DDC 21st Edition for Library Books Classification
- Library Application Software for Library Management
- Open Access for Users
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
- Electronic Gate Entry
- Air Conditioned Digital Library along with 30 Computers & 30 Head sets
- Air Conditioned Reference Section